“This too shall pass” is a quote quite fitting for the time being. That’s why I decided to turn this motivational quote into practice lettering and coloring worksheets.
THIS TOO SHALL PASS
Now where the unknown is part of our lives, I’m choosing to repeat this quote. Over and over again!
As we learn how to manage this virus, we need to focus on the things we can handle. One of those things is our mental health. I’m not saying it’s easy, but it’s one thing we can do to keep moving forward.
This too shall pass, is a reminder that what we’re going through won’t last forever. I know everything is uncertain at the moment, but we WILL make it through this.
I want to give you this gentle reminder. This season is not forever. Let’s stay hopeful and try to make the best out of this situation. We’re in this together and together we’re strong.
It’s okay to feel ALL the feelings that come along with all that’s going on in the world right now. It’s also okay to know we’re strong and we’ll get through this.
To get access to the FREE lettering and coloring worksheets I created, fill out this form:
HOW LEARNING CAN CALLIGRAPHY AND COLORING HELP YOU DURING THIS TIME?
I recently saw this article from the American Public Health Association. It basically confirms that being creative is great for your mental and physical health.
Among other things, the article states that engagement with artistic activities, either as an observer or as a creator, can enhance one’s moods, emotions, and other psychological states.
Creating and making calligraphy has always been a way for me to relax, de-stress, and reconnect with myself.
Given the current situation, we are in the world, this is the best time to get in touch with your creative side.
I want to help you with that! My goal with this blog is to show you simple and practical ways you can learn calligraphy so you can start awakening your creative side.
Other ways that I can help you learn calligraphy:
- Calligraphy and Hand-lettering tutorials on my blog.
- My Modern Calligraphy Workbook for Beginners. It has everything you need to learn calligraphy right from the beginning. You can take a pick here.
- Videos on my YouTube channel and on Instagram.
- FREE calligraphy practice worksheets on my resource library. Get access to it by filling out the form below
SOME BENEFITS OF COLORING…
Now that you know practicing calligraphy can help you, another creative activity you can do is coloring!
Let me share a little bit about the benefits of coloring and why I decided to include coloring sheets for this Freebie and bundle.
Coloring can help you:
- SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH YOUR LOVED ONES. Coloring is not only for little ones! I love doing art activities with my toddler. It helps me focus on her and our time together. It definitely helps me be focused at the moment. This is great, especially now that we have to stay inside
- REDUCES STRESS AND ANXIETY. Coloring can generate mindfulness and quietness. This allows your mind to get some rest after a long and stressful day.
- IMPROVE YOUR FINE-MOTOR SKILLS. coloring requires the two hemispheres of the brain to communicate. Logic helps us stay inside the lines and choosing colors generates a creative thought process.
SUPPLIES I RECOMMEND FOR “THIS TOO SHALL PASS” LETTERING + COLORING PAGES
These are the supplies I recommend to use this and any other of my worksheets:
- I recommend HP Premium 32 Paper to print this worksheet because of its higher quality, which is excellent for your brush pens.
- Another great option is using tracing paper and put it on to of your worksheet to practice. This way, you only need to print the worksheet once and practice several times.
- You can use any printer paper if you are using a regular pen. I ONLY recommend regular paper if you are doing Faux Calligraphy. Using this paper with your brush pen will shorten the life of your pens!
- Brush Pens:
- Small tip brush pens:
- Monoline pen: you can use any regular pen for the Faux Calligraphy part of the worksheet. I prefer the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner, which I use for my everyday writing.
For a complete list of supplies for beginners in brush pen calligraphy, make sure to check this blog post.
HOW TO USE “THIS TOO SHALL PASS” LETTERING AND COLORING WORKSHEETS
Once you have access to my resource library, select the practice sheet you’d like to download.
If you don’t see it right away, don’t worry, just click “ctrl + F” (on a PC) or “Command +F” (on a Mac) and search for the worksheet name you’re looking for, for this worksheet search: This Too Shall Pass Lettering and Coloring Worksheets
- The worksheet will be an instant download. For convenience and ease to upload the worksheets to the Free Resource Library, I upload them as zip files. This means you have to use an app to unzip the file if you’re using your phone or tablet or download them from your computer.
- You can print it at home or a local printer store or library. You can use this inexpensive laser printer. (This printer is black and white. But that’s all you need at the moment to print the practice sheets). If you prefer a color printer, this is another inexpensive option.
- I recently shared about my great experience with HP Instant ink, which can help you print this worksheet FREE! Use this link to start. For more details, check this blog post, where I tell you everything about this program.
- Once you’re ready to print, set your printer scaling to “Fit Page.”
- Now you’re ready to get your practice going!
As I was creating this blog post and Free worksheets, I kept thinking of what more I could do to help those in need during this time.
So I decided to create this “This Too Shall Pass Lettering and Coloring Bundle”.
This Lettering and coloring bundle is a 15-page INSTANT DOWNLOAD WORKBOOK that includes The quote” This too shall pass” as follow:
- Recommended Pens to use with each worksheet
- Faux Calligraphy Worksheets (Regular and Flourished Calligraphy)
- Modern Calligraphy Worksheets (for Small and Large Brush Pens)
- Flourished Faux Calligraphy
- Flourished Calligraphy (for Small and Large Brush Pens)
- 4 Coloring Pages (2 Different Designs)
- Color and Black & White Printables.
That’s why I decided to create this bundle and make SUPER affordable for you to practice at home!
This mini e-book serves two purposes:
- Help you get in touch with your creative side at a very affordable price.
- Help others in need. I’ll be donating the profits from this workbook to a local organization or food bank in my city. I haven’t decided which one yet, but I do know there WILL be tons of people in need during and after this pandemic is over.
I’m blessed to be in a situation where I can work from home and have enough food to stay at home with my children for the time being.
I know this is not the case for some people, so I want to do what I can to help them.
If you can spare the $5 and use this time to practice lettering and color, go here to get the bundle workbook.
Being involved in a creative activity, like calligraphy and coloring, has de-stressing effects because it helps you focus on that activity instead of your worries. Even more, it helps us bring our imagination back and takes us back to our childhood, when we had no worries and definitely way less stress.
With this This too shall pass Lettering and Coloring Sheets my goal is to help you de-stress and take your mind off the current situation the world is living.
Designate at least 30 minutes to work on these sheets a day or any time you’d like to relax a little.
Stay home and stay safe!