Learn how to write the months of the year in brush calligraphy. Plus, get access to FREE calligraphy practice worksheets!
Hi Friend, I’m super excited about this blog post. Wanna know why?
Last month I finished the last blog post in the “5 ways to letter the months of the year” series!
I’m SO proud that I finished this series. Why? Honestly, I often have so many projects and ideas that I start and never finish. I’m so happy that this is NOT one of those unfinished ideas. This series took a whole year, but I slowly finished it.
So glad I didn’t give up because the feeling of accomplishment feels to dang GOOD!
I know this is a post about lettering the months of the year, but I do want to encourage to keep working on your project.
Whether is learning calligraphy, starting a new hobby, or even start your own blog, don’t stop working on it. As Rachel Hollis once said:
“By an inch or a mile, forward momentum is the only requirement”
Yes, it doesn’t matter if you give one step or walk a whole mile. What matters is that you DON’T stop working on your dream.
I know sometimes it can feel SO overwhelming because you have all these ideas and don’t even know where to begin. But I promise you if you give the next step and keep moving, you WILL figure out a way to get it done.
5 WAYS TO LETTER THE MONTHS OF THE YEAR FREE WORKSHEETS
The “5 Ways to Letter the months of the year” series started when I got back into bullet journaling. Even though this series seems focused on bullet journaling, it really is helpful for improving your lettering in general.
Writing the same words in different ways will help you improve your lettering and at the same time, help you find your unique calligraphy style.
Here are the links to ALL the 12 months of the year lettering tutorials:
To celebrate the ending of these series AND the fact that I completed them, I decided to do another FREE worksheet including the 12 months of the year. This worksheet covers the months of the year in my personal calligraphy style!
This FREE Months of the year calligraphy worksheet is available ONLY by filling out the form below:
You can find ALL the 5 Ways to Letter Each Month of the Year FREE practice worksheets that go along with the blog posts inside my resource library.
SUPPLIES I RECOMMEND FOR THESE MONTHS OF THE YEAR LETTERING PRACTICE WORKSHEET
These are the supplies I recommend to use this and any other of my worksheets:
- I recommend HP Premium 32 Paper because of its higher quality, which is excellent for your brush pens.
- Another great option is using tracing paper and put it on to of your worksheet to practice. This way, you only need to print the worksheet once and practice several times.
- You can use any printer paper if you are using a regular pen. I ONLY recommend regular paper if you are doing Faux Calligraphy. Using this paper with your brush pen will shorten the life of your pens!
- Brush Pens: I designed these worksheets for small tip brush pens in mind. Here are a few I recommend:
- Monoline pen: you can use any regular pen for the Faux Calligraphy part of the worksheet. I prefer the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner, which I use for my everyday writing.